Kimberly Kendall Corral
Kimberly Kendall Corral has successfully and aggressively defended a wide range of criminal cases from misdemeanors to capital homicide cases. Kim represents clients at all levels of criminal justice advocacy. This includes investigation, indictment, pre-trial motions practice, trial, direct appeals, post-conviction remedies, jurisdictional appeals, habeas corpus, and wrongful conviction litigation.
Being charged and/or convicted of a crime is certainly one of the most stressful times in a client’s life. A successful outcome requires a tailored and nuanced approach for every case. Upholding a client’s constitutional and procedural rights is complex and time-consuming work. Kim believes that productive client relationships are an essential element to a winning strategy. Kim’s noteworthy track-record in the criminal defense field is built on her genuine passion and her zealous work ethic. She is not blind to the injustice that plagues our legal system but takes immense personal pride in her steadfast work to restore her clients’ rights.
As a result of Kim’s notable trial experience, she has been certified by the Supreme Court of Ohio for appointment as Death Penalty Defense Counsel. Kim is staunchly opposed to the death penalty. In a system so fraught with error there is no rational basis to arm that system with the right to kill. In addition to traditional clients, Kimberly has represented police officers, working for the Fraternal Order of Police, Ohio Labor Council. In that capacity, she represents law enforcement officers investigated for or charged in criminal matters. Kim also occasionally partners with the Ohio Innocence Project to work toward the exoneration of wrongfully incarcerated Ohioans.
Kim believes that every good freedom fighter needs to fight aggressively and persistently. Those two qualities are the things people compliment her or criticize her for most- depending what side they’re on. Kim’s aggression and persistence serve her in her personal life as well. She is a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a bicyclist (having ridden across the country, from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean), a marathon runner, and an artist. She loves to travel and she has two young daughters who can occasionally be heard singing and shouting in the background during client phone calls.
To note a few of Kim’s recent successes; Kim worked to exonerate Ruel Sailor after he spent fifteen years incarcerated for a murder he did not commit. She was invited to speak at the Cleveland Brown’s Social Justice Summit. Kim was invited to the Oval Office to discuss a client’s pardon with the President of the United States and White House Counsel. She was honored as a Rising Star in 2019 by Super Lawyers and she recently collaborated with HBO star Michael K. Williams and a panel of criminal reform advocates to raise money and awareness about juvenile justice.
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law – J.D., 2012
- Cleveland Institute of Art – B.A., 2007
- The Supreme Court of The United States of America
- The Supreme Court of Ohio
- The Sixth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals
- The United States District Court Northern District of Ohio
- The United States District Court Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cleveland Marshall Alumni Association, Life Member
Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association, Trustee
- Social Justice Committee, Co-chair
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- We Have Over 30 Years of Experience.
- We Have Gone to Trial Over 200 Times.
- We Have 3 Former Prosecutors on Staff.
- We Are Licensed in 4 States.
- We Are Available 24/7.
- We Offer Free, Confidential Phone Consultations.
- We Are the Firm Other Attorneys, Police & Prosecutors Turn To.